Monday, August 29, 2005

A Short Hiatus

I have temporarily retreated into my analytical self. Having figured out how to make paper, I'm all about the research right now.

In addition to lurking around my Yahoo Handmade Paper (HMP) community, I'm reading:

• Helen Hieberts's, "The Papermaker's Companion"
• Mary & Heidi Reimer's, "300 Papermaking Recipes"
• Mary & Heidi Reimer's, "Encyclopedia of Papermaking and Bookbinding"
• Google and IceRocket results for Papermaking, Moulds & Deckles, and any other keywords I can think of

I found a 1975 Wilton candy mold of six rosettes that should make great paper castings.

Researching papier-mache, for making bowls covered with HMP.

Researching shaped deckles for making envelopes, shapes, small gift boxes in conjunction with the Sizzix die-cut/embossing machine.

However, I can't really complete any projects that include the above methods without raw materials, so tomorrow, I make paper. I've been gathering raw materials the whole while, so I have plenty of "food" for the blender.

No comments: